1. Lawyer – Choose and Contact a Lawyer to handle your transaction. Make sure they are on top of their paperwork if a mortgage is required, and review the closing date. You will probably go in one or two days prior to the closing date to sign the documents. See the resource list for local Lawyers.
2. Banker – Communicate with your mortgage broker to ensure they have all of the paperwork they need to complete and approve your financing. Call them two weeks prior to closing to check on status of approval and avoid last minute financing issues. Do not let them approve you the last week before your close as this could affect the ability of the lawyers to handle the transaction. See the resource list for local Mortgage Providers
3. Insurance – call your Insurance company to cover your home. Make note of wood burning fireplaces and WETT Certification. See the resource list for local Insurance providers.
4. Insurance Mortgage or Life? You can choose to invest in Mortgage insurance offered by your lender or increase your life insurance amount so that all of your debts are covered – all debts including your mortgage amount, plus additional considerations for your loved ones. See the resource list for local insurance providers.
5. Utilities Bell Canada: 310-2355 Bell Expressvu: 888-759-3474 Cogeco Cable:800-267-9000 Union Gas: 877-969-0999 Town of Bracebridge:705-645-5264 Township of Muskoka Lakes: 705-765-3156
6. Notification: notify all important contact of your change of address – banks, bills, drivers licence, doctor, family and friends. Print out a moving checklist
Do not delay on any of the tasks. Also, you have to call me if you have any questions or if there is anything you are unable to do and I can help! Remember, I am working for you.
Making your Muskoka Home & Cottage Dreams a Reality!